It's a while since the wonderful designs of Caroline Kaiser first caught my eye. During all that time I felt inspired to share with you photos of her beautiful and carefully handmade designs. So, recently I had the great pleasure to meet her in person by visiting Studio Mick, her atelier and shop.
About Caroline and her work:
- Gave up her job as accountant to fully dedicate herself to her art
- Studio Mick started off as Les mille idées de Caroline Kaiser in 2008 but as this name was not that easy to remember, a shorter version replaced it
- Draws her inspiration from the latest fashion trends, her favourite artists and graphic designers
- Favourite colours are red and blue
- Every product is handmade with the exception of printed fabric
- Favourite materials are fabric and paper
- Launched her first collection in 2014
- The products are mainly targeted at women of all ages and children
- In the past, Caroline enjoyed doing workshops for children and working on private orders. Going forward, she would like to focus more on her own collections and projects.
- Exciting and promising collaborations with Luxembourgish companies are in the pipeline
This is how she turns ideas into products:
The shop at the Luxembourg Museum of Modern Art (MUDAM) is currently displaying and selling some of Caroline's creations. Her work will be showing until 27 June 2016. Luxembourg House is another place that sells Studio Mick products.
You can visit Caroline's shop online and / or in person:
36, rue de Weiler