One of my resolutions for this year is to do more recipe posts. On Saturday I had some time to spare and I made one of my favourite desserts: Tiramisu. It's very easy to make!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 400 g mascarpone
- ± 40 ladyfinger biscuits
- 2 cups liquid coffee without any sugar
- cacao powder
- 1 bag vanilla sugar
- 60 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 small glass of amaretto
- 4 eggs
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Add the pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat until stiff.
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks and mix.
- Bit by bit add the mascarpone to the egg yolk mix.
- Now add the egg whites by gently mixing them in. Careful not to squash the egg whites.
- Pour the coffee into a soup plate and dip the ladyfinger biscuits.
- Place the biscuits in a mould.
- Cover them with a layer of cream and cacao powder.
- Repeat by adding another layer of biscuits, cream and cacao powder.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours before serving. Overnight may be even better.
The original recipe can be found here.